Decorating Your Baby’s Nursery
When you are getting ready to welcome a baby, the nursery can be customized for him or her or them! Creating a soothing, serene, engaging space where the parents and baby feel most at peace can be a fun "nesting" project, with wallpaper setting the mood. To make the project easy, try self-adhesive wallpaper by Tempaper.
Colors can range from traditional tones to a much broader palette, incorporating today’s trends in nursery
designs. We think for a nursery, wallpaper makes for a great accent – either on a wall, as a backdrop on shelving or closets, or to dress up a piece of furniture. With Tempaper, any room decorated in anticipation of baby’s birth can last through their toddlerhood. The space can then be changed to their liking when the time comes.
We’re pleased to share some nursery ideas that may inspire you!
- Actress Lacey Chabert uses our Botanical Blossom to create Pretty in Pink! Feminine and Romantic’ Nursery (in People) for her baby girl. This lovely nursery evokes the sweetness of a baby girl, with a grown-up touch for mom and dad. (shown)
- Why not go a little glam for your little prince or princess? This design showcased on Project Nursery takes its cue from Tori Spelling’s baby’s nursery – and was done on a budget using our Marrakesh Honey Jade. The bold, whimsical pattern and touch of gold will have visitors saying, “I never would have thought of that for a baby’s room, but it’s perfect!”
- We love how this design highlighted in Nesting with Grace uses the architectural details of the Cape Cod home. Get creative with wallpaper placement, using angles in a room. This is especially fun in small spaces. In this room, Flock Sunrise Gold gives a subtle yet interesting touch.
- Think beyond trucks and trains. House of Five’s “Two Little Rascals Have a New Room” shows how Textured Brick White gives a rough & tumble backdrop for the changing interests of growing boys.
- Want to prepare the nursery without finding out if the baby’s a boy or girl? This stunning gender neutral design in light grays will let you and the child add accents in any colors, and the Herringbone pattern can stay with the child as they grow. (shown)
- Dear Lillie shows how she created a light and airy, sweet and elegant nursery by using Peonies Gold Leaf to transform a formerly dark-colored office.
- Known around the world, P’kolino furnishings combine playful style and smart functionality in children’s products the whole family can enjoy. We’re thrilled to collaborate with them to offer Tempaper Tots by P’Kolino, a selection of happy wallpaper patterns.
- If you have something else in mind, you can always create your own design, or change the colors of one of our patterns. Let your creativity out with Design Your Own options!
Another thing to keep in mind is whether products that surround your baby (including while in utero) are safe and non-toxic, like Tempaper. All of our wallpapers are FDA-Approved, lead-free, phthalate-free, VOC-free, and Certified Child Toy Safety. The adhesive and inks used are water-based and environmentally-responsible.
We hope you have fun creating a nursery that’s ideal for you and your family. Congratulations and best wishes on your new addition!
- Our Blog