HOW TO , IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Ordering Chinoiserie? Here is what you need to know.February 15 2018
Ordering Chinoiserie or another special order print? The general rule of thumb is that any Tempaper print sold by the square foot is considered a custom print. This process is a more personal approach to wallpaper and we know you may have some questions so our digital press designers are on hand to help.
The process is broken down into 5 steps. The below chart can be used as a quick reference during the order process.
Pricing for custom projects range from $8.25- $15 per square foot. If design services are required there is a $75/hour fee added to your job. You will be contacted with a quote prior to the start of your project if this service is required.
You can purchase a sample of any custom order for $15. When you purchase a sample, you will then be given a $15 credit toward your custom order. Please note, only one $15 credit can be put toward each custom order. You must let your designer know at the time of your order about your credit. All Chinoiserie samples orders will included ONE sample to scale of the print and colorway you decide. Our sample size is 9 inches x 7 inches.Simply choose SAMPLE in the drop down menu and add to cart.
STARTING THE PROCESS
Select the pattern and color for your project. We recommend ordering a sample prior to starting the custom process to ensure wall preparedness for full wall application. Surface should be smooth, primed and painted using an eggshell, satin or semi-gloss finish. Applications to low VOC paints are not recommended.
Submit detailed elevations of your space (see example below) to email@example.com. If you are covering more than one wall, please number them. Be sure to include the following with your elevations:
*Length and height of each wall (between the molding)
*Length and width of each door and/or window (including molding around door/window)
*Distance of each door/window from the corners of the room, floor and ceiling.
Our designers will review your project details and provide an estimate. Please note, we cannot move forward with your order until the estimate is approved and payment is received.
NEED TO RUSH AN ORDER?
Please let your designer know if you are working towards a specific deadline. Once we have your project details for review, we can provide a realistic “rush” timeline.
WHAT IS A DIGITAL PROOF?
A digital proof is a low-resolution file of your project file sent for approval via email. All digital proofs will include at least one 12-inch ruler to give you an idea of sizing. Your digital proof will include all project specifications including distinction of multiple areas, panel breaks and overlaps. Please remember to take your time while reviewing you proof as this is the final stage before your project goes into production. If you have any questions or alterations, please let our designers know so that they can assist in addressing them for you.
DO YOU RECOMMEND AN INSTALLER?
Yes, please visit our website to see our recommended installers in the USA. Our list is growing so if you don’t find one on our list be sure to ask your Tempaper designer and he/she may be able to find one for you.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY CHINOISERIE ORDER?
Your project will be labeled on the backside of each panel along with a corresponding installation guide. Your panels will be rolled and carefully packed inside of a packing tube, or box, depending on the size of the project. Please note any bubbling away from the backing paper is a result of the curing process and will smooth out upon application.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS OF INSTALLATION?
1. When your package arrives, carefully unroll and inspect every panel and arrange them according to your installation guide.
2. Custom panels include approximately .5” additional material on outside edges to account for non-plumb wall, trimming and shifts in measurements.
3. Beginning with the left most panel, peel back 3-4 feet of the backing. Begin application from the top edge of the ceiling (or area you intend to cover) and the butting wall if applicable. All panels include a 1/8 of an inch overlap for ease of application to avoid splitting seams in environments that can be subjected to temperature variances
4. Use a squeegee to smooth out any air pockets. Start from the middle of the piece you are smoothing and guide the air out to the sides. Please do not pull too hard on the product as it can stretch. Tip: Use a straight pin to release any small air bubbles that may remain.
5. Trim with a sharp razor around edges and molding as needed.
Image courtesy of the amazing and talent team at @designlabexperience