FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Tempaper safe and nontoxic?
- Tempaper is FDA Approved, FDA 21 CFR and Certified Child Toy Safety. Tempaper is a lead-free, phthalate-free, and VOC-free product. The adhesive and inks that we use are water-based, environmentally safe and friendly.
Is Tempaper fire-rated?
- Tempaper prints sold by the roll do meet the burn rate requirement when tested in accordance with the safety compliance testing for FMVSS no. 302 -- Flammability of Interior Materials.
- Tempaper Chinoiserie, Fresh Pressed, and prints sold by the square foot have a fire rating: Type A rating for flame-spread and smoke.
How do I apply and remove Tempaper?
- Apply Tempaper to smooth surfaces that are in good condition and have been painted with an eggshell, satin or semi-gloss paint. If you are working with a low VOC or VOC-free paint gently wipe surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol and let it dry. Household cleaners are not recommended as they can leave a residue behind.
- Apply Tempaper to any primed and painted surface such as walls, doors, and interiors.
- Tempaper may not stick to all surfaces. Test a small non-exposed area to check for adhesiveness prior to applying to a full wall.
- Avoid exposing Tempaper to prolonged heat from direct light source.
- Two people are recommended for installation. One guiding the paper at the top of the surface and one aligning the design repeat towards the bottom of the panel.
- Tempaper is NOT recommended for surfaces painted with matte or flat paint and or with low VOC paints.
- Tempaper is NOT recommended for textured surfaces.
- Peel the liner a few inches to a foot away from the top, move the paper into position, get it lined up, then remove a large portion of the lining. Start in the middle of panels as this is where most people’s eyes will go first. At this point, let the static pull the paper towards the wall, tab the first three feet or so into position and begin applying.
- Please view our demonstration video for more information on preparation, application, and removal process.
What tools are needed?
- Tape measure
- Squeegee designed to smooth air pockets and not damage the wallpaper
- A straight-edge/ruler to cut even lines
- Craft knife to cut the product. Please use caution when handling sharp blades.
- Step Stool
- A friend to help!
How can I order a sample?
- Simple and easy. Just select the SAMPLE option for your pattern in its drop down and add to cart!
Can I apply Tempaper to a brick wall?
- We do not recommend applying Tempaper to any surface that is coarse or rough. Unfortunately, textured surfaces don’t work with our product. We recommend that Tempaper be applied to smooth surfaces that are in good condition; primed and painted with a premium eggshell, satin or semi-gloss paint.
Can I apply Tempaper to a painted wall with a matte finish?
- We do not recommend applying Tempaper to matte or flat paints. We recommend applying Tempaper to the following paint finishes: Premium Eggshell, Semi-Gloss, or Satin.
What will happen if I apply Tempaper to a wall that has been painted with flat or matte paint?
- Tempaper uses a water-based adhesive that could soak into the dry, matte surface which could cause paint to be peeled away upon removal. We have had successful removals on matte and flat paint, however to be safe, we recommend using satin or semi-gloss paints.
Can I apply Tempaper to a mirror?
- Tempaper can be applied to a mirrored surface and will not leave any residue behind. However, it can be difficult to reposition the product on this type of surface.
Can I put Tempaper up in my bathroom?
- YES! We use a non-breathable substrate, so Tempaper can be installed in bathrooms with indirect moisture. The heat or steam will not affect its performance.
Can Tempaper be applied to wood paneling?
- Yes, Tempaper can be applied to many different surfaces. Depending on how much texture the wood paneling can be the deciding factor on whether or not Tempaper will stay adhered. Also, if the paneling is older the surface/clear coat could be removed upon Tempaper removal. When dealing with any rental space or unique indoor surface, we always recommend purchasing a sample and applying it to a discreet area of the wall. In a couple days you will know if Tempaper is right for you.
Can Tempaper be applied to existing wallpaper?
- Tempaper can be applied to existing wallpaper. However, we cannot guarantee Tempaper can be peeled off from the existing wallpaper or that it won’t damage the existing paper. Since you are working with a unique surface, we always recommend that you purchase a sample to test.
Can I apply Tempaper to surfaces other than a wall?
- Yes! It is perfect for small DIY projects including, but definitely not limited to: dressers, stair risers, cabinets, bookshelves, drawers and headboards.
I already placed an order but had some questions about it, who can I contact?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-920-2654 with your order number and questions.
Can you recommend an installer?
- Yes, we currently have a list of recommended installers on our site. If you can't find an installer in your area and/or are interested in receiving more information please email: email@example.com.
How do I go about becoming a Tempaper recommended installer?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How do I cancel my order?
- Please call us at 732-920-2654 to cancel your order. Orders usually ship within 24 hours of order date.
How do I know how much Tempaper I need?
- Please visit our Wallpaper Calculator to determine how much Tempaper to order. Roll size depends on the print so please be sure to check the roll size on the items product page. Still unsure? You can always email us at email@example.com or call 732-920-2654 and we will be happy to help.
- Unfortunately, Tempaper cannot split rolls or sell you smaller sized rolls. Each product's page will tell you which size roll the product is available in. Custom projects are sold by the square foot or by the panel.
Do you recommend overlapping panels?
- Yes, it is recommended to have a minimal overlap from panel to panel to avoid splitting seams in environments that can be subjected to temperature variances.
Is LOT number important when ordering?
- When ordering Tempaper, it is important to purchase the same lot number to avoid color variances. When you place an order on our website we will always ship you the same lot. However, if you place a reorder it is important that you request the same lot number to avoid color variances. Whether you buy your rolls from Tempaperdesigns.com or a Tempaper stockist, please make sure that your lot numbers for your project are the same.
What is the difference between a drop match pattern and a straight match pattern?
- A drop match pattern consists of design elements that will repeat diagnonally from panel to panel. When ordering a drop match print please make sure you order up because you will have more waste aligning. A straight match pattern consists of design elements that will repeat horizontally from panel to panel. To read more about pattern matches please head over to our blog post: The Differences Between Wallpaper Match Types.